First UMC Cocoa Beach offers a community food pantry the third Sunday of every month from 1:00--3:00 p.m. Anyone who needs help is invited as an honored guest of Jesus to receive perishable and nonperishable items. We also have a limited supply of pet food. Simply come to our fellowship hall (behind the sanctuary) during the designated time and you will be served in a spirit of love.
We also encourage everyone in our church and community to support the food pantry in the following ways:
- Pray for all the people in Cocoa Beach and the surrounding areas who are hungry, that God will lead them to us so we can help. Also, pray the the families who receive food.
- Donate food to help stock our shelves. We provide a list of needed items, and you purchase the food and bring it back to the church the first Sunday of the month (Communion Sunday) during our 9:30 or 11:00 a.m. service. If you cannot drop-off during these times, you can leave food in the church office during normal office hours.
- Give a special monetary donation so we can purchase needed items. Simply click on the giving button on the bottom right corner of this page and follow the instructions to designate your gift for the pantry.
- Host a food drive at your local business and donate what's collected to the pantry.
- Volunteer to help sort, pack, and distribute food. You can also serve as a greeter or a prayer partner to make our guests feel welcome and valued.
There are many ways to get involved, and as we serve together, we help people in need, make new friends, and become more like Jesus.
For more information, send us a message and we will put you in touch with one of our leaders in the pantry.