Contemporary Worship Leader
Position: Contemporary Worship Leader
First UMC Cocoa Beach is searching for a part-time contemporary Worship Leader to lead our praise band, help volunteers develop deep and authentic relationships with Christ and each other, and facilitate passionate worship at our 9:30 a.m. modern worship service. Reports to the Senior Pastor.
Hours and Pay: Hours and pay are negotiable and based on experience; approximately $325 per week for 15 hours.
- Regularly pray for volunteers and seek God’s vision for the ministry
- Required Meetings: Participate in weekly meetings with the Pastor; lead an in-person gathering with the praise band every two months to check-in, cast vision, have fun, and facilitate deep and authentic relationships among volunteers; attend planning meetings for special worship service as needed
- Maintain a data base and filing system for music, including flows, lead sheets, chord charts, roadmaps, and rehearsal sets using SongSelect/CCLI and other resources
- Manage a ministry budget and submit purchase orders for needed music and equipment
- Coordinate, schedule, resource, and rehearse volunteer musicians and vocalists
- Design, upload, and use multitrack sets to supplement the worship experience (Loop Community/Prime Music)
- Proof song road maps on visual presentation software
- Lead contemporary worship, including reading scripture, praying publicly, and finding creative and inspirational ways to invite people into the presence of God
- Recruit and audition new volunteer musicians/vocalists
- Trouble-shoot basic production issues related to audio-video systems used for worship.
- Help train production volunteers and manage production staff.
· A committed, mature disciple of Jesus Christ
· Gracious, positive, and joyful spirit
· Minimum one year of experience leading adult contemporary/modern worship
· Proficiency in either guitar or piano
· Experience with musician-controlled in-ear monitor systems
· Basic audio mixing skills using digital soundboards
· Excellent communication, coordination, and team building skills
Required Application Materials:
- Professional resume
- Three professional references with appropriate contact information.
- A good quality video of the applicant leading worship. This should not be a recording of an individual performance, but a video of the applicant leading at least two songs in a youth or adult worship service.
- Applicants who are offered a final interview will be asked to lead a rehearsal and worship service with our band on a Sunday morning.
Works approximately 3-4 hours on Sunday mornings to run sound during our contemporary worship service. Troubleshoots basic production issues related to audio-video systems used for worship. Pay is negotiable based on experience, approximately $75-$100 per week.
Contact the church office to apply.