While stationed at Patrick Air Force Base, Glenn Eschtruth, MD, was appointed pastor and held the first worship service for thirty-eight people in February 1957. On March 10th the church received its official charter and grew to seventy-five members. In its early days, the church met in a bar in downtown Cocoa Beach. later moving to the "little white church" on South Orlando Ave. In 1960 the congregation built a fellowship hall at our current location where they worshipped and held Sunday school classes, until 1965 when the present sanctuary was built. Our stained glassed windows were featured on a PBS "artisode" aired October 5, 2017.
In 2011 FUMCCB became a non-profit business partner with Roosevelt Elementary School, and in 2013 a partner with Cape View Elementary School.
- Roosevelt Elementary Non-profit Business Partner of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Cape View Elementary 2013-2014 Non-profit Business Partner of the Year.
- #1 Rated Child Care in Cocoa Beach by Hometown News.